New Skin


Maybe it's a five year "itch" but I've been musing on finding a new skin or updating my look in some way recently - not that I'm not happy with it, or that I'm bored with it, but I am used to it, and I fancy trying something new, or maybe adding another string to my modelling "bow". One of the wonderful things about Second Life is we can explore all aspects of our identity - change genders, ethnicity and even species, with just a few mouse clicks. As a model though, we are told that it's important to find our unique "look" and be recognisable. So I guess there's some risk associated with making dramatic changes in our appearance.

Anyway, I've been trying on various different skins recently, but not really finding any I really love. Until yesterday. I went to check out Elysium, and picked up lots of demo skins to try. And when I put this one (Devine) on, it fitted like a glove! I haven't had to change a single pixel of my shape for this skin to look good! I love how the skins gleams, and I adore the collarbone too. So, it felt like destiny that I should spend some of my Rezz Day present Lindens on it (thank you Warm!). The skin comes with Slink hands and feet and Lola's Tango appliers included, which is a lovely touch, and there are also various options for freckles, cleavage, and eyebrows.  All I needed to go and buy was some new dark brown eyes from Ikon because personally, I'm not a fan of blue eyes with black skins, but that has been the only additional expense so far - though I can see I will be investing a bit in more dark  hair.

There has been controversy in the past about models changing their ethnic appearance to enter pageants, and I can understand that. I have no particular plans to use this skin to enter any contests - after Miss Virtual World my contest days are over (at least for now), and I don't think I'm ready to wave goodbye to the "old" Bea just yet, but I do love this look, and I am looking forward to exploring more styling with black skin as a contrast to my usual pale, blue eyed platinum blonde.  I'd love to know what you think of my new look, so please do leave a comment if you have time!

Scroll down for style notes and SURLs.
/me blows a kiss!



Style notes:
Skin: Elysium - Devine (cleavage) /Deep Dark
Eyes: IKON - Sunrise Eyes /Dark Brown
Hair: BooN - Cornrows Hairbase /Chocolate
Dress: Mutresse - Stilna Dress for FaMESHed March cycle
Shoes: Cashmere & Keane - Cassidy Heel /Hollywood (for Slink Med Feet)
Shades: blackLiquid - Pride Spotlights
Bag: Finesmith - Pola Clutch /Purple
Earrings & bangle: Lazuri - Kaya
Lipgloss: Alge's Designs
Nails appliers for Slink hands and feet: blackLiquid



Comments